Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jun 28, 2002, 4:33 PM   #1

Default jpeg attachments can't be opened

everythink worked fine until i installed photoshop 7.0 and apple quicktime was snuck in. i uninstalled quicktime. now my jpeg file attachments can't me opened by receiver. i have a broadband connection and send small files. any help would really be appreciated. thanks, george:
george fryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2002, 3:49 PM   #2
sds

George, highlight the jpeg that you want to open and than hold down the shift key and right click. It should bring up several things that you can do, choose open with and left click on it. You then find the picture viewer that you used before and click on it and ok. This should reset your default viewer.
sds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2002, 8:38 PM   #3

George,
Had the same problem after removing software in past. the pics (jpg) started being stored w/o the .jpg extesion. When person at the other end tried to open, the open with window would jump up and ask which program to open these type of files with from list. told them to pick Exploreer. Think I changed strorage location of pics and it started putting ext on agian.
Hope this helps.
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2002, 11:39 PM   #4

... some geeky technical info ... :P

George:

i'm assuming you are using windows 2000/XP, you can right click on the file name, choose 'open with' and then find the program you want to view your image file.

Also, when install programs like photoshop, you have to make sure you don't let it open the image files by default. usually this is done in the installation process.

--------------------------

Gary:

Sometimes the setting of windows changes and it hides the extensions of the common file types. This particularly happens in win 2000/XP. Go to Tools > Folder Options > View and uncheck the "hide extensions for known file types".

If the other person doesn't have that file type associated with a program, it will ask to use which program for opening it, maybe like a .png file.
jadefox is offline   Reply With Quote