Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Aug 3, 2005, 1:56 AM   #1

Hi all
I have a question. I have made various signature brushes in PhotoshopCS and I am wondering how to find them within the program folder itself as I have made a couple of sig' brushes for friends and would like to send them so they can use them...any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance :-)
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2005, 5:16 AM   #2

Hi wagaboo.

Once you have created your brush you need to save it. It will always show in the brushes palette when you come to choose it to use, but you need to save it to the brushes folder.

Open the brushes palette, select the brush you wish to save, then click on the right pointing arrow at the top of the brushes palette, next to the brushes tab, to reveal a drop down menu.

Click on save brushes and in the dialogue box double click the Adobe Photoshop Only folder. Name your brush, the default will be Untitled Brushes, then click save.

Now go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS\Presets\Brushes\Adobe Photoshop Only.............Of course replace C if the hard drive that CS is installed to has a different letter.

Find your brush, right click and choose Send to/ Mail Recipient.

Repeat for all additional brushes and if you are sending a number of brushes to one person just highlight all the required brushes and right click, send to etc.

The recipient will have to locate the same folder and either copy/paste or drag and drop the .abr file into it, or they could 'save' the file directly from the email, again locating the folder in the address above, while CS is closedor they will have to restart CSanyway forit to recognise the new brush(es)

Hope this helps.

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 1:57 PM   #3

Thanks a bunch Stevekin, I saved your suggestion and when I get off work I will give this a go....Thanks so much, again.:-):-):-)

That seemed to work Stevekin although it saved every brush that was there because I dont think a small sig' brush should be 7mb. I know my way around a pc but this one is stumping me...lol...will experiment some more.
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote