Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Aug 18, 2005, 5:04 AM   #1

Hello,

Just thought I could share my experience as an advanced user with non-professional needs.

I have had Adobe Photoshop v2 and other software 'free' (read included in final price) with scanners, cameras...

None of them was user-friendly. I chose to buy ACDSee 7, which was recommended by my father.

Since, I finished to remove Adobe Photoshop v2 and I only use ACDSee 7, which serves me very well.

I can highly recommend thisediting software: ACDSee PowerPack 7 ( http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Pr...LAN=englishX70)
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2005, 1:01 PM   #2

Although acdsee does run simple and fast and I have been using it since it first came about, It does lack the editing properties of some of its bigger competitors like PS and PSP etc. Acdsee has its place in the photo world thats for sure such as its Fotoslate and a couple other attributes but once again does lack in its serious editing tasks.:-)
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 1:49 PM   #3

Certainly true.

ACDSee should be recommended for the 95% of photographers who want good automated processes and pre-setup well chosen for a quick editing, albums prints... without the need of a training or even reading the manual.

PS or PSP should be kept in the hands of professional photographers who are ready to invest time in training in order to tweak the pictures as deep as they want.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 1:17 AM   #4

Could'nt have said it better:-)
Old Aug 19, 2005, 3:17 AM   #5

Hi
I disagree strongly with Gaul's remarks that programs like Photoshop are only for professional photographers 'who are ready to invest time in training in order to tweak the pictures as deep as they want.'
Surely Amateurs want the best possible results from their pictures? Why should they be excluded from the more advanced features in PSP or PS elements on the basis that they do not have the time, or are somehow unable to read a manual ar follow the many tutorials available on the net?
I work in Professional Photography, and in my experience the real experts have all been amateurs who have the time and skill to produce the very best work.

Brian

BrianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 3:23 AM   #6

Hi
I disagree strongly with Gaul's remarks that programs like Photoshop are only for professional photographers who are ready to invest time in training in order to tweak the pictures as deep as they want.'
Surely Amateurs want the best possible results from their pictures? Why should they be excluded from the more advanced features in PSP or PS elements on the basis that they do not have the time, or are somehow unable to read a manual or follow the many tutorials available on the net?
I work in Professional Photography, and in my experience the real experts have all been amateurs who have the time and skill to produce the very best work.

Brian

Sorry about the color - I've somehow lost the white!

BrianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 3:35 AM   #7

Well, I could have qualified and shaded my reasoning. :G

In some cases, where people cannot be bothered to go through the learning-curve of an editing tool, a more-automated and nicely presented, with clear menus, assisted processes to create albums... I would definitively recommend buying ACDSee even if they had PS or PSP 'free' with scanner or camera.

It did work for me anyway and I am not looking back. Cannot be asked.

ACDSee is more powerful and modular than what many think. :idea:

I recommend to start ACDSee PowerPack. You can always add more modules if required.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:02 PM   #8

I sorta cut my teeth on Acdsee and it does accept some PS plugins but in the long run it's plain and simple for more powerful editing, one has to go to a higher editing software like PS and PSP. If only the prices would be lower for these editors then more people would buy them.
In my Opinion when it comes to editing even the gimp out does acdsee and its free and ifranview as well but thats my opinion.:-)