Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Sep 5, 2005, 11:03 PM   #1

I'm mostly interested in Elements for it's Camera Raw plugin. CS2 is too bulgy for my old computer. I thought PS7 was bloated... Is Camera RAW in Elements the same as CS2 or are there many features removed? I'd rather stick with PS7 and not upgrade until I get a new computer.
antiart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2005, 5:20 AM   #2

In keeping with the name 'Elements', the camera raw plugin is also a slimmed down version.

When Photoshop was first introduced in February 1990 it was used primarily for editing images imported from scanners and for design work.

Photoshop Elements replaced Photoshop LE and was introduced at the same time as Photoshop 7.

It featured 'Elements' of the full program, more suited to the consumer digital photographer.

This first screen shot is of the ACR interface in Elements 3.

As you can see from this one of the CS2 version, there are more options.

You do get the next functions, they are just under a separate tab in CS2.

The following are only available in CS2 :

I would suggest that even with fewer functions, Elements 3 would handle your raw conversions adequately, until you upgrade your system and Photoshop.

Hope this helps.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2005, 8:44 PM   #3

Thank you very much for your very thorough reply. It seems like the only thing useful that is lacking in elements is the Lens tab --for me that is. The rest I probably can just do in my old PS7.
antiart is offline   Reply With Quote