Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Sep 9, 2005, 9:44 AM   #1

From mostly everything I have read on this forum, the majority seem to be high on Elements.

My new computer came loaded with Photo Shop Album 2.0 Starter Edition which really only allows cropping, red eye removal, and some colour changing, which all seems very mundane to me.

Is there any reason to update "Album" when I purchase Elements 3.0 or should I just get rid of it on my computer?

Thanks for your help!

Mack C. in Brooklin ON
mackcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 9, 2005, 2:40 PM   #2

Elements 3 has the equivalent of Photoshop album built in. You still have the functionality of Photoshop Album 2, one click fixes etc, but you can choose to edit in Elements or any other version of Photoshop you may have installed.

There would be no benefit to upgrading the stand alone Photoshop album, as with Elements 3 you would have the latest version.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2005, 6:51 AM   #3

Thanks for your coments Steve. Imagine all the way from the UK to Canada to get advice. The age of computersis astounding.

Future Shop in our town is selling "Digital Image Suite 2006" by Microsoft for $100 CDN. Can anyone comment on it's usefulness for editing etc.

Mack C. in Brooklin ON
Old Sep 10, 2005, 9:31 AM   #4

Sorry, don't know that one Mack.

Elements 3 is an excellent editor and offers most of what digital photographers need. You would also be learning the ropes for if/when you wish to upgrade to Photoshop.

$99.00 US ($116.00 CAN) from ADOBE themselves.

It would qualify you for an upgrade discount too.

$100.00 or so is too much of anyones money to just throw away, so it might be a good idea to download any trial versions first to see what you would be happier with. (Preferably with broadband, as most of them are pretty hefty !!).

Steve.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 6:59 PM   #5

well while you wer contemplating v3.0 version 4.0 came out which makes 3 a non issue.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 6:53 AM   #6

sjms; too late! I didn't sit around contemplating for very long -- apparently not long enough! and $99.00 CDN seems too high a price to pay for the upgrade. From any non-proI've spoken to PE 3 will give me everythingI want and more.

Thanks for your comment.

Mack C. in Brooklin ON
Old Oct 10, 2005, 8:30 AM   #7

i do suggest next time to just download the free try before to by elements 4 setup from adobe and then you will be able to make an informed decision. its good for 30 days unlimited use.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"http://www.adobe.com/products/tryado...jsp#product=40
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote