Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Sep 21, 2005, 11:37 AM   #1

Can anyone offer advice regarding a good instruction manual for Elements 3.0. I know they have it with their download, but I need it to be in front of me while I do it.

Presently I'm just going hit or miss when I attempt editing of pics.
mackcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2005, 1:51 PM   #2

Yes it can be a bit daunting and frustrating when diving in for the first time :shock:

The nearest thing toa basicinstruction manual is actually the help file in Elements. Although I appreciate it is far easier to have a hard copy to refer to.

Personally, I would recommend anything that Scott Kelby has written and suggest you have a look at THIS

And depending on your present level of knowledge, you may want to consider a book co authored by Deke McClelland, another of the finest Photoshop Gurus. And please don't take THIS
personally, these are a great series of books.

In fact, I would buy both books, the first slightly more advanced, plus they would take you over the $25.00 minimum for free shipping

Also there are possibly hundreds of tutorials on line dealing with more specific tasks, you just have to Google 'photoshop elements 3 tutorials' and they will keep you busy till your books arrive :-).
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 2:11 PM   #3

Thanks for the tips once again Steve. I'll attempt toborrow from our Library first and then decide if I want to spend $'s for my own copy.

Mack C. in Brooklin ON
mackcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 3:33 PM   #4

Good idea Mack :idea:

I always forget to suggest a library :roll:
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote