Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Oct 13, 2005, 4:57 PM   #11

Hi Steve and Creduk

Thanks for all your help on this. Blimey have I learnt from all the info given.

Unfortunately I am pretty ill with the BIG C and have appointments at hospital tomorrow but I'll try out all the suggestions over the week end.

Thank you again, fantastic help and feel supremeley confident I can do what I want to do. (With your help behind me. I'd got completely stuck - now I know why)

Cheers

John
John_Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 4:58 PM   #12

Hi Steve and Creduk

Thanks for all your help on this. Blimey have I learnt from all the info given.

Unfortunately I am pretty ill with the BIG C and have appointments at hospital tomorrow but I'll try out all the suggestions over the week end.

Thank you again, fantastic help and feel supremeley confident I can do what I want to do. (With your help behind me. I'd got completely stuck - now I know why)

Cheers

John
Old Oct 13, 2005, 9:16 PM   #13

I hadn't used the color replace prior to seeing your post, being somewhat new to Elements myself. I tried it with a couple pictures and found no problems, except when trying to repalce a neutral color. Apparently, this tool works on HSB info (hue,Saturation,Brightness). Grey has no hue, and can't be changed with this method. If you just want to add a tint, a quick way would be to try color adjust samples, which let you increase or diminish color in increments in either shadow, highlight or midtone ranges.

Hope this is of some use.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 9:25 PM   #14

Hi Brian.

Thanks for the extra info. Yup I use that technique quite a bit when renovating old faded photos.

I was going to say "Why are you up at this time" but I see you are in USA. 3 o'clock in the morninghere.

Thanks for info. My learning curve is becoming vertical. I'm so pleased this is such a friendly helpful forum.

Cheers and thanks again.

John B