Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Oct 10, 2005, 7:09 AM   #1

Hi due to a major blow up of my old pc a couple of weeks ago I lost my favorite graphics program Microsft image composer.

As this software is no longer available and I do not seem able to get an old copy from anyone on the net I now have to contemplate replacement software.
When one has been using a particular program for some years it is always difficult to getting used to new softaware.

I cannot get into photoshop because of cost ( hard sell to better half) I am looking at possibly elements or or paint shop pro from Corel.

Due to living rural and dial up a trial downlowd is not feasable for me so any feedback from users of any of this software would be appreciated.

I do miss my image composer!!!
limeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2005, 4:09 PM   #2

Have you looked at the new Microsoft Digital Image 2006? The demo is about 100MB and I know that would take a while over dial up. When I was using dial up I would start the download using Getright ro some kind of download manager and go to bed. I tried the demo and was actually very happy with it. I have used Photoshop and sometimes find it way too much for what I do. Another suggestion would be Paint Shop Pro. Again, the download of a trial would take a while but I don't think I will buy another piece of software without a trial first.

Another option would be look for some computer magazines with the demo CD's. Sometimes there will be some pretty good stuff on them.

Good luck,

Dave

Here's a thought. I've never mailed anything to Canada but if it's not too outrageous I would be happy to fill a CD full of demos and mail them to you. I know my profile says Giebelstadt Germany but I am in the US Military so if I sent it out I would be using the US Post office so I dont know how it would work exactly but it's just a thought.
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 2:10 PM   #3

Thanks for your kind offer Dave.
Actually I have started using" Picture window pro 3.5" and I quite like what it does. I did download it from the net and I am using it on a trial basis at the moment just to get the feel of it.
It does things a little different than some of the other programs and I believe the software was written by a photographer.
Regards Geoff
limeyg is offline   Reply With Quote