Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Oct 20, 2005, 7:25 PM   #1

I shoot with a Canon Digital Rebel and use Photoshop Elements 2 and Photoshop 7. I have a calibrated monitor, but when I use my Epson 2400 and its corresponding paper profiles, the image is printed much darker and the red hue is different. The same thing happens when I send my images to labs or online services. Whyisn't photoshop accurately displaying the images from one of the most widely used digital cameras?

:?
Low Light6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2005, 3:24 AM   #2

Hi
It's a common mis-conception that you profile the printer to match the monitor. In fact it's the other way round - you set the monitor to match the profiled printer output. In your case, the screen is too bright for the ambient lighting conditions. What you have to do is re-profile your monitor to a lower luminence value - start at about 10 units lower (the CD/M2 value). It may take a few goes over a period of weeks. This may cure the red problem at the same time.

HTH

Brian
BrianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 4:09 PM   #3
AMG

it sounds to me that this is a problem with the display only, not the profiles. To figure out yout problem, send an unedited picture to a lab and compare the result to the little screen on your camera and to your monitor. I suspect it will match your cameras screen and not your monitor. You may have calibrated your monitor properly but your color settings may be screwed up
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote