Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Oct 21, 2005, 6:41 AM   #1

I'm still very new to digital SLR photography and was wondering about EXIF data. I own the Nikon D50 and use both Nikon Capture 4 and Photoshop CS. How can I view full EXIF data of my pics?
agiaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2005, 7:35 AM   #2

In Photoshop, got to File/File Info.
Look in Camera Data 1 & 2, also look in Advanced/EXIF Properties for more detail.

Alternatively, you can see the exif and other information if you view your image in the File Browser (PS7 & CS) or in Adobe Bridge (CS2).

Just click a file and the info is there in the bottom left panel.

You can also see the EXIF in Windows.......Right click on an image and select properties. Choose the Summary Tab and click on Advanced. You'll get quite a bit of info there.

I also use Opanda IExiffor the website, Direct Download of program

Once installed it allows you to right click on any image on the web or your hard drive or wherever, and choose to look at the Exif, so long as the Exif has not been removed by the owner or software.

This is the free version and works great.

Hope this helps.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:22 PM   #3

Stevekin wrote:
Quote:
I also use Opanda IExif
Downloading it right now.

Exifer doesn't get the focus information from my wife's & son's Jenoptik & Sanyo digicams, or my new Casio EX-Z750. It worked perfectly on the 'maker notes' from my Casio QV-5700.

Thanks, Alan T

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 1:42 PM   #4

You're welcome Alan.

Opanda seems to update versions regularly. Only 6 months or so ago, it was 1.8, now at 2.25 after a couple of upgrades, so they are still pretty active with the software support.

The paid for version allows you to edit the Exif, but then you already have Exifer to do that

Steve.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 2:09 AM   #5

EXIF infotips gives you the essential exif values in an Explorer tooltip. Very cool.

http://home.pacbell.net/michal_k/Download/exiftip.zip

Another one I like is ExifReader. It has buttons that allow you to browse through a directory. iExif doesn't allow you to browseand, for some reason,takes over image filetypes as well .

http://www.takenet.or.jp/~ryuuji/min...fread/english/

The window size on both of these programs is too small so I used a resource editor to enlarge the iExif window the length of my screen. Exif Reader doesn't have traditional dialog resources so I couldn't change it.

The free image viewers FastStone Image Viewerand Cam2PC can also display EXIF data while browsing through the photos.
Riot Act is offline   Reply With Quote