Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Oct 23, 2005, 2:24 PM   #1

I just bought Photoshop element 4 because I was told I could remove the background with this program. Have worked two days unsuccessfully trying to remove a single color background. Does anyone have detailed discriptions on how to remove the background. I am obviously a newbee and any help that you can give me would be helpful.
Rich Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2005, 5:15 PM   #2

Hi,First, make a duplicate of the image. This insures you won't mess-up the original image. Then you can either use the magic wand (this tool is at the top of your toolbar pallet) to click on the part of the image you do not want to remove. Under select, try inverse. This should now create a dashed line around the background you do want to remove. You can then go to edit>clear. Or use the eraser to remove the background.However, if your background is "spotty" (when you use the magic wand the areas highlighted are in bits and pieces) then you will need to use edit>clear on multiple magic wand highlights.I hope this helps in some way.Darby :-)
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote