Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Nov 3, 2005, 11:04 AM   #1

I am cleaning up a lot of snap shots that require basically the same repairs. Is there a way in elements to set up something where I can either do the same work to several pictures at once or set up a button to push to do the same series of work to a picture. I have found the one to do a folder all at once but it only lets me do the Automatic repairs.

Any help would be great.

Thank You.
RP33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2005, 3:01 AM   #2

Unfortunately, Elements doesn't have an Actions palette and consequently you are unable to use Actions. Or so Adobe would have you believe.

You can actually 'play' actions in Elements by 'forcing' it to do so. I have posted elsewhere, a description on how to do this and would gladly point you to it or repeat it here. But.....you are not able and will not be able to record Actions, so in this instance it will be of no benefit to you.

If you had access to Photoshop (not Elements), then you could go through all of the steps you want to perfom and record them as an action, then use that in Elements.

If you don't know anyone that can help you with this, then let me know the steps involved and I will write the action for you and give you instructions on how to use it. You can contact me with a PM here at Steve's. I will try to get on it this evening (UK time).

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 5:54 AM   #3

Take a look at IrfanView (freeware: www.irfanview.com). It has a batch processor that might do the job you want.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote