Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Nov 11, 2005, 2:19 PM   #1

I'd like to purchase an inexpensive and very, very user friendly photo editor. I have read about Photo Pos Pro (just $35.00) and Abode Photoshop Elements. Does anyone have experience w/ either of these programs? I would especially like to hear from Photo Pos Pro users because the price and ease of use are very appealing. All I would use it for is to do some post-processing of my photos to improve their quality. I am open to other suggestions, but I have no interest in a high learning curve program that will cost more than $100. I shoot with a Panasonic FZ5 and Canon S80. Thanks.

Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2005, 2:51 AM   #2

I am using Paint Shop Pro since I got a v4 several years ago as giveaway with a computer magazine and think it's not to complicated to use.

As for prices - I got PSP9 last week via eBay for around 18,- EUR (plus shipping and handling around 25,- EUR) which is a great price for a nice product to my mind. Am happy with it.

It now has an automatic photo touch up feature which is something you might like as a beginner. The other tools I use are all freeware/opensource.

HTH,
Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:52 AM   #3

Learn how to use what you have before you spend any money on more software. When you figure out what the limitations are, you will be able to pick the next package.

"User friendly" generally means dumbed down, limited, written for idiots,withno help or tutorials. No editing software with much power is going to be easy to learn - there are such a large number of things that can be done so there is a lot to learn. Figuring out how to do something isn't very hard: figuring out why you want to do something isn't always easy.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote