Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Nov 16, 2005, 2:02 PM   #1

My 17" CRT monitor is starting to get old and grungy. And so are my eyes. For these reasons, I was thinking of purchasing either a 20" or 23" LCD monitor to replace my existing CRT. What would you recommend? What do other photograhers use? I've know there are advantages and disadvantages with both technologies.
Please give me some feedback on this matter.
StevenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 16, 2005, 7:46 PM   #2

In general, the larger CRT would be the most cost effective way to go as LCD monitors "perfectly" suited to calibration and photoediting areEXTREMELY expensive. A high quality CRT monitor, 20-23", would probably cost 1/5 the price of a similar LCD. Prices are coming down for LCD and photoediting quality is increasing, but none have not reached my pocketbook constraints yet.

I find a 21" (19.8" visible)CRT works well for me, but would love to have a 19" or better LCD simply because of deskspace issues ... alas, the money, for me, is better spent elsewhere!

This issue has been discussed ad nauseam in most photo-oriented web sites ... here are a couple of recent threads from Steve's (you can use the searchbox at the top of the screen to find more):

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ht=lcd+monitor

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ht=lcd+monitor

hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote