Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Nov 21, 2005, 10:50 AM   #1

I use this GREAT program on a G4 Mac OS9.2.2. I happened to look at the history page today, and discovered that it has a "bad pixel" elimination function! Who knew?
You make a pure black picture, open it, "learn" the bad pixels, open a good picture, then tell it to remove the bad pixels. You can save and reopen bad pixel templates (one per ISO setting I would assume is the idea).
Does anyone else use this program? Any clue as to how the bad pixels are processed?

Thanks...Gary

gfmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2005, 4:28 PM   #2

Hi gfmason.

Sorry, don't use a Mac and don't know the program.

But if you edit your post by selecting all the text and changing the colour to anything but black, other Mac users might be able to answer .

Don't worry, it's an easy mistake to make 8).
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 7:11 PM   #3

Actually, just select the blank text area and you can read his several lines of text, but here's what he said so others can easily read it:

I use this GREAT program on a G4 Mac OS9.2.2. I happened to look at the history page today, and discovered that it has a "bad pixel" elimination function! Who knew?
You make a pure black picture, open it, "learn" the bad pixels, open a good picture, then tell it to remove the bad pixels. You can save and reopen bad pixel templates (one per ISO setting I would assume is the idea).
Does anyone else use this program? Any clue as to how the bad pixels are processed?

Thanks...Gary
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 2:19 AM   #4

I did that, thanks.

But perhaps if your background was white, like mine, you could read black text too. :lol:

I am looking at profile options to see what is going on. Black backgrounds are not my cup of tea. But to each his/her own.

Cheers...Gary
Old Nov 22, 2005, 8:04 AM   #5

Nor mine ... but the default here is white on black unless you change your display options, and most of usdo not!:?Hey, it looks cool and camera-professional-like!:|
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 10:00 PM   #6

gfmason wrote:
Quote:

Thanks...Gary

I don't have mac and haven't heard of the program, but most of the other programs I am familiar with that do this, use averaging of surrounding pixels. For only a few, widely separated pixels, this works just fine.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 2:41 AM   #7

Thanks - I assumed as much. And with 5M pixels couldn't imagine that such a scheme wouldn't be sufficient.

VTphotog wrote:
Quote:
For only a few, widely separated pixels, this works just fine.

brian