Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Nov 23, 2005, 8:00 PM   #1

Ok Hubby wants to get me a photo program for Christmas and I need your help!

I was all set on elements but he is talking about this correlle program.

This is what I need:

Have scrap booking elements

create photo slide shows (hopefully to burn to DVD but I don't know if either program does this)

edit photos be able to remove things I don't want etc

easy to use (actually this is super important! I am very computer challanged!0

organize and take photo's off my card easily.

So all you great people what would be best for me?!??! Remember I have limited patients and skills with computer programs. I want something I can understand and have fun with!

Thanks!

spinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2005, 9:42 AM   #2

IMHO Paint Shop Pro 10 is a downgrade, version 9 is much better. Keep in mind that you can download a free 30 day trial version of version 10, perhaps yopu will like it. At the end of the day you will be able to do more Adobe Elements rather than Paint Sop IMHO.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 4:21 PM   #3

spinning wrote:
Quote:
... easy to use (actually this is super important! I am very computer challanged!0 ...
Sorry, any photo editor with real power is not going to be easy to use. The problem is not that the controls have to be difficult, it is that there are so many things that can be done it takes time and effort to figure out why you would want to do them. Levels, layers, curves, histograms, ... Just lots of things that will get in your way until you figure them out.

Having said that, you should be able to figure out how to do a few things fairly easily whichever program you get.

I'd suggest that you let him get PaintShop Pro - it is the one he want to use. Sounds like pretty much any reasonable program will do what you want.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 6:18 PM   #4

THanks!

I think I have him talked in to elements. He doesn't do anything with our pictures. I take them all, do some limited editing with our current soft ware and print what I want and then scrap them.

I just really liked what I saw with Elements and feel I could get the hang of a lot of the programs abilities. Plus I have friends who currently use the program and can walk me through some of it if I get stuck.

I know it was on sale yesterday at Best buy and hubby was out and about...and he said it came with a good package, more than paintshop.....so here's hoping to Christmas morning!:lol:
spinning is offline   Reply With Quote