Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Dec 9, 2005, 2:55 PM   #1

I have PS CS and for some reason the background has changed from gray to white. And the border inside the window where the image is located has turned gray!:lol:

I've tried everything including the screen modes to change it back. Its really distracting when your not used to it!

Attached is a screen shot.

Attached Images

FordGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2005, 4:39 PM   #2

The grey is the default colour for the area behind your image.

You can change this to any colour of your choosing by selecting the Paint bucket, clicking on a colour of your choice in the Colour swatch, now hold down the shift key and click on the grey area.

If you wish to revert to the default, follow the same procedure, but choose 25% grey from the swatch. RGB values : 192 192 192

The white area has me stumped :?.

Maybe it is that theme manager you had running .

You could try deleting the preferences file.

Press and hold Alt, Ctrl & Shift keys immediately on starting Photoshop, (Mac : Command, Option & Shift). If you are quick enough, you will be asked if you want to delete the prefs.

Alternatively, navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings

Once there, delete the file called, 'Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs.psp'

When restarting PS the preferences file will be reset to default, so any changes you made prior to this will have to made again.

If you haven't already, you will need to set Windows Explorer Options to "View Hidden Files and Folders" to display the preference file.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote