Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 18, 2005, 5:12 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 54
Default

Hi....
can anyone share how to use photoshop to makeup the model?
i found this from internet. feel amazing because photoshop can do this.

thanks

koshinki


Attached Images
 
koshinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2005, 8:27 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
VTphotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Extreme Northeastern Vermont, USA
Posts: 4,212
Default

Take a look at the Extreme Makeover forum. There are quite a few threads there with before and after pictures, as well as explanations of how the 'magic' was performed.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 6:16 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 54
Default

VTphotog wrote:
Quote:
Take a look at the Extreme Makeover forum. There are quite a few threads there with before and after pictures, as well as explanations of how the 'magic' was performed.

brian
Hi Brian

can i know the web address for this "extreme makeover forum"?


thks.
koshinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 6:19 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 54
Default

oh...i'm sorry. i found it in this website....


thanks again....



koshinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:05 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indian Rocks Beach, FL
Posts: 4,036
Default

The main effect there was probably done with noise reduction software. The eye color was changed and the teeth whitened, but other than that it looks like a simple noise reduction.

You want the noise reduction layer on top of the original. Then with a fine eraser you erase things like the eyelashes, lips etc on the noise reduction layer to keep them sharp.

Another option is to select your edges, inverse the selection and apply some smart blur if you don't have a noise plug-in.


slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 4:20 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 54
Default

Hi slipe,
thanks for your reply. i tried to use the noise reduction but i found that the pic will become a bit blur just like out of focus. how to keep the eyes, lip,..... still shape and only smooth the skin?

thanks


koshinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 7:10 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indian Rocks Beach, FL
Posts: 4,036
Default

koshinki wrote:
Quote:
thanks for your reply. i tried to use the noise reduction but i found that the pic will become a bit blur just like out of focus. how to keep the eyes, lip,..... still shape and only smooth the skin?

You are probably using too much noise reduction. I used about half of default and came up with nice looking skin.

I'll try it again with how to keep the other parts sharp.

Make a duplicate layer.
Apply the noise reduction to the top layer.
Use the eraser and erase the parts you want sharp – the lower unaltered image will show through where you erase.

If you don't have noise reduction as a Photoshop plug-in try the same thing with smart blur – don't use too much. Radius 2, Threshold 20, mode Normal and quality High worked almost as well as noise reduction on that image.


slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2005, 7:50 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 54
Default

thanks thank and thanks again..... i'll try in again using this method. will attach here again to share with u if success.




koshinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 6:37 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 54
Default

I just tried this method and faced some problem. My photoshop CS2, i got the noise reduction filter in the filter list. but i don't know how to use it because i can't see the difference after apply it. Or i need the other noise reduction plugin? if yes, please tell me the name of the plugin.... thanks.
I used "reduce noise" (correct me if i'm wrong) and found some setting inside. Strength, Preserve Details, Reduce Color Noise, Sharpen Details..... what is the recommended setting for these?

thanks....




slipe wrote:
Quote:
koshinki wrote:
Quote:
thanks for your reply. i tried to use the noise reduction but i found that the pic will become a bit blur just like out of focus. how to keep the eyes, lip,..... still shape and only smooth the skin?

You are probably using too much noise reduction. I used about half of default and came up with nice looking skin.

I'll try it again with how to keep the other parts sharp.

Make a duplicate layer.
Apply the noise reduction to the top layer.
Use the eraser and erase the parts you want sharp – the lower unaltered image will show through where you erase.

If you don't have noise reduction as a Photoshop plug-in try the same thing with smart blur – don't use too much. Radius 2, Threshold 20, mode Normal and quality High worked almost as well as noise reduction on that image.

koshinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 7:32 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indian Rocks Beach, FL
Posts: 4,036
Default

There aren't any good free noise reduction plug-ins I am aware of. The two most popular and probably the most competent are Neat Image and Noise Ninja. I haven't used the CS2 noise reduction. I use Grain Surgery because it was given to me. It is pricey and probably not as good as the other two.

Try smart blur. You can select out your edges or just use layers and erase the eyes and whatever else you want sharp.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.