Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:50 PM   #1

Sorry for the confusion above. Here's what I'm trying to do which may be a strategy question as well as software. I have a home PC and a work laptop. I have more time on the road to work and edit on my laptop than I do at home. I have just been saving photos at home but have done nothing in PS Elements on my home PC.

So, I loaded PS Elements on my work laptop as well and have been tagging photos, editing, creating categories etc on the plane, however, #1 - space is limited on the laptop and #2 - I want to save all of this at home as I may not have this laptop forever. Thus, can I export all of my photos, edits, tags, categories etc from my laptop to my home PC whenever i'm ready and have that system as the master or basically the system I will have forever?

Is there a better way to save photos to my work laptop than on the hard drive? I have external drives and may link to them but am wondering what others do in this situation.
thx in advance
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2005, 7:49 PM   #2

If I understand you correctly, the answer is yes but,I don't personally use my lap to to do any editing, only temporary storage, viewing and deleting,and maybe just a little keystroke kind of stuff. I believe that when you move a photo all the data original and created goes with it. I always save an original and have a separate copy to edit.If you want all the image data to remain from copy to copyI think I would save it as a .tif file.Bigger but better.

I back up all my images on CD's or DVD's (much more space) after I am through with editing. I don't know how much work you do with photoshop but I will tell you that Elements is a great little program but not one you'll want to use forever. Eventually you will want to do something Elements wont do.I faked it for a while and then finally had tostep up to the pump for Photoshop. Now here is what I have to say>>>DO NOT STORE PHOTOS ON YOUR HARD DRIVE. Do your editing and BACK THEM UP!! Hope this helps.

Tony
Crosseyed is offline   Reply With Quote