Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 23, 2006, 6:00 AM   #1

Any idea what's going on? After I work on my pictures in Photoshop Elements 4, last steps - save, flatten, print - they do not show any more in the browser as small pictures, but just as a frame with a questionmark. Clicking on them gets me the message that the file should be reconnected. When I try this, the following message comes up: "The file cannot be included in the organizer because the file name or path is too long or invalid." I don't dare to work on any pics any more because this way they just "vanish" after printing. This only started to happen a few days ago. Help!
difliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2006, 6:01 AM   #2

difliz wrote:
Quote:
Any idea what's going on? After I work on my pictures in Photoshop Elements 4, last steps - save, flatten, print - they do not show any more in the browser as small pictures, but just as a frame with a questionmark. Clicking on them gets me the message that the file should be reconnected. When I try this, the following message comes up: "The file cannot be included in the organizer because the file name or path is too long or invalid." I don't dare to work on any pics any more because this way they just "vanish" after printing. This only started to happen a few days ago. Help!
difliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 12:22 PM   #3
DBB

Are you certain that you didn't save the imnages in a different directory? The message implies that you added on a name to an existing name, and the computer can't recognise them.

I strongly doubt that the program destroyed your files. Do you know how to manually find them independant of a program?

Try this and get back to us.

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:53 PM   #4

I use Elements 4 and have lost a few photos.

When I edit a photo I save it to Documents as a JPEG file with a different name. It will be shown in the Organiser alongside the original

I then print or email the photo from Documents. If you delete the copy in Documents as I do when I am finished with it, Organiser will show the blank box with a question mark.

If you want to retain the edited copy and the original, save the newly named file in My Pictures or whereever you have your original stored...Fred

Bootneck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:00 PM   #5

difliz wrote:
Quote:
If your sequence is correctly stated, the question that comes to mind is "What format are you saving in?" If your picture is .jpg to begin with, and you edit with layers, those layers cannot be saved in .jpg format. You would have to flatten first, then save.

More info on exactly what the workflow is would help isolate the problem.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote