Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 23, 2006, 7:38 PM   #1

My boss has asked me to resize this photo that I took (I warn you, it is gi-normous) to a 2 1/2" x 1 3/4" size (for coasters). It's ok if it is off a bit cause I can just cut a little off. Here is the photo - http://www.kbryan.com/images/photo1.jpg

Here is my problem. I've tried resizing it in Ulead PhotoImpact as well as Photoshop (I only know enough to make me dangerous), but the quality is yucky.

Is there a special add-in that is used or is there just a better way of doing it than I've been doing?

Really, really appreciate your help on this. I would love to see someone else resize this and send me or post a photo here so that I can do some comparison.

Thanks!

kbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2006, 9:21 PM   #2

Will this work.

2.5 x 1.75 @ 300ppi

RG in Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 9:43 PM   #3

How did you do that??????? That looks wonderful! I have five more photos to do to this approximate size.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"It is a beautiful reduction! I tried and tried and tried. None of my reduced photos were this lovely.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"You are good. . .

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thank you so very much for your help, and I would love to know how you did this.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Kay

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Old Jan 23, 2006, 10:22 PM   #4

In Photoshop(using CS here),file,save as, create acopy, then open the copy,select the crop tool, in the dialogue box enter the width, height and ppi that you want. Then drag the crop tool over the photo. Adjust the cropping frame to reveal the finished photo as you desirethen hit enter. Save the file.

PS, Cute little Texan
RG in Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 10:31 PM   #5

I cannot thank you enough for your help. Really appreciate it.

K.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 8:34 PM   #6

That is a fantastic picture. May I ask what kind of camera, lens and setting did you shoot with? Did you shoot in fine jpeg or RAW?
Thanks for your post. I also learned a wonderful lesson here as well.
Bob
Bobzart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:29 PM   #7

Awww, thanks for the compliment. It was a real treat photographing two children at the Reliant Staduim. Being on the field was soooooo neat. Camera was Canon 20D with a 28mm-135mm lens. It was a cloudy day and about half the time I used a flash. I took some really special photos that day. Thank you very much for your question.