Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 25, 2006, 5:03 PM   #1

I found a free very easy to use video editor that allows you to edit you digital photos, video, and music into a really cool movie that you can share with anyone via their free web upload service.

www.grouper.com is where you get the softare.
The best way to describe what you get is as a media organizer that allows you to set up private groups where you can share your media with others. The program also has a small app inside called "Groovie" which is a really easy to use tool which allows you to make movies from your media. You can then share your creations on the web and send the link to anyone you wish so they can view.

the program is free and offers a lot... it's really cool and I recommend it to everyone who has a digital camera to check out.

eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2006, 3:49 PM   #2

I was interested in a free video editing tool but can´t even run that program without what it thinks is access to the Internet - prob. disabling my firewall completly and I won´t do that and nothing on their website about the features or screenshots. :O I´ll stick with ABC Video Roll!
pixelstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:46 PM   #3

1) here are the sceenshots from the co's website:
http://grouper.com/about/what.aspx?i=Groovie

(the site actually has many screenshots of the product, they are very easy to find on their site).

2) connection to the internet,
I believe the co's application does want you to be connected to the internet to use their software... (They allow you to share your video w/ anyone you want... and you need an internet connection to do this).

3) firewall, you can use the product through a firewall
if you are having firewall issues w/ your computer the company offers solutions and help on how to allow access through your firewall:
http://grouper.com/support/firewalls.aspx

I am really enjoying their free movie editing software, it's very easy to use... and I like being able to instantly share what I've created with my friends/family... etc...

e
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote