Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 26, 2006, 11:32 AM   #1

Hi, please tell me why many users don't like ACDSee after 6 version? What disadvantages are there?

snyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2006, 3:23 AM   #2

It would appear thatmany users of versions 7 and 8 are unhappy with instability problems.

Precisely what they mean, i'm not sure, but the ACDSee systems own forums have been offline since before Xmas and the eta for it to return is 30th Jan.

One comment made in this thread at DPreview, indicates instability.

Addendum : Have just checked, and the ACDSee forums are up and running here.

You might find more to help you there.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 6:41 PM   #3

I used to really like ACDsee until I upgraded to 7. Then I started to have serious problems with conflicting to My Photoshop programs. Using ACDsee was a pain because it kept crashing and freezing up my computer.It also is a problem not using inches to size a photograph. I hate that metric crap. Pixel size means not much to me. They made it so complicated it is ridiculous to use. I finely got it all removed from my computer and I just use photoshop CS2 and Nikon Capture 4 now. No conflicts, No problems. And at least they measure in inches. Really with CS2 I don't need any other photo program. All of My Nik programs and the Nikon Capture 4 Genuine Fractualsand everything I have that I use plugs in without a hitch. They try to make ACDsee the boss program to completly take over your computer with no regards to what type of work you need it to do. :flame::ak47:
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 9:40 PM   #4

Oh!!!! I just got another E-Mail from ACDsee to upgrade again for another $129.00. Not bad because they are going to give me something for free. (Picture Mover) or some other crap that don't work. How can a company that started out so good be so F^%$*G greedy and just plain bad?????

They have a costly upgrade way to many times a year to be anything other then a greedy money grabber that offers nothing back to their customers.

Some day I will tell You how I really feel about ACDsee.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:25 AM   #5

Any software that takes over your computer, you discard it and never have a look at it again, not for any reason. Regards.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote