Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 9, 2006, 2:20 PM   #21

Dang

Nowiv turned off all the warning windows Adobe opens the pictures and converts the colours automatically (whatever that means),and when I close them it asks me if I want to save the changes,talk about times consuming.!

I have no idea what it means but when I set colour management to Photoshop 5 default spaces. everything opens and closes just fine.

Will that be perfectly fine? then maybe I can get on with the actually enjoying photography again.

5hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 3:39 AM   #22

Yay

I spoke to my mate Simon last night.

Simonis an experienced photographer who apart from doing it as a hobby, also earns money doing portraits.

It was only last night that I foundthat Simon uses photoshop, so the obvious thing to do was ask him what settingshe uses.

I copied his settings on tomy version of photoshop, and hey-presto, it works wonderfully.

Working spaces

RGB: sRGB IEC61966-2.1

CMYK: U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2

Gray: Gray Gamma 2.2

Spot: Dot Gain 20%

Colour Management Policies

RGB: Off

CMYK: Off

Gray: Off

Almost the same as alex james's suggestion.

If those settings are good enough for someone that has done this as a profession and a hobby all his life, its good enough for little old me.

Thanks for everyones input in here, and I hope I never have to look at colour management again :-)
5hane is offline   Reply With Quote