Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:03 PM   #1

I have purchased Pro Show Gold ver 2.6 and went on-line and downloaded all updates but still have problems with the program locking up for no apparent reason. Has anyone run into thisand found a common factor. I am running Windows XP on a brand new Dell computer. I hope I can solve this problem because you can do some great things whit this software if you can keep it running.:?
nasaapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:12 PM   #2

When I use My Pro-Show Gold to create a DVD slide show I always go off line and then run my anti spy program. I do Disc cleanup, then I turn off my McAfee and My Screen saver and anything else that is running and then I turn on My Pro-Show and do the slide show. It is a fantastic program and I have no problems as long as I do My clean up and shut down stuff first. I have made a lot of different slide shows and the people just love them. I have created slide shows that are as long as 2 hours and others as short as 3 minutes. Set to Music and with the transitions and My name on the screen I feel great when people applaud and even greater when they buy my slide shows. Also, don't forget to remove the old Pro-Show program when you update to A new one. I always download the upgrade to my dektop. After it is downloaded I remove the former program. Then I install the new program. If you leave the old program and install the new one on top of it you will creat problems.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 7:28 PM   #3

I'll give it a try Ronnie because I want to make this work but I think Photodex needs to improve on their stability issue. I wouldn't jump threw this may hoops if the didn't have some big pluses to go with the down side. Thanks for the info Ronnie. I hope your weather is good in Daytona.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:43 PM   #4

Weather is COLD but good here. Once you get the program dialed in you will love it. I make more $$$$ off of DVD slide shows then I do with prints. I even scan in peoples old photo's and make slide shows with the music they can supply me with. I had the same problem as you and called them. They are A good company and will guide You through the problem if what I suggested does not work for You. Keep in touch and let Me know how You make out. Ronnie,

Old Feb 15, 2006, 2:59 PM   #5

I've used it too, and also had problems with it when I select to many pictures at once to edit with this program. When I select picture by picture, then there is no problem for me.

I rather use memories on TV when I also use movies, because of the sync to music works better wit memories on TV.

Rudo
Rudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 3:43 PM   #6

Ronnie have ever had any complaints that people have trouble playing the DVD you make? It could be that I am running Pro Show Gold and you are running Pro Show Producer?Some friends have told me that the DVD I gave would freeze on the photo but the music would keep playing. That same DVD worked on my DVD player and my computer. Their DVD player is only a couple of years old like mine. Buy the way I took your advice and my software is running better. I went into MSCONFIG and found out that about 40 programs were running in the background. Thanks again for your help and good luck in your business. Rich
Old Feb 16, 2006, 8:43 PM   #7

I found You have to use DVD-R good media. + media will not function on most TV DVD players. I use Taiyo Yuden 4X silver I get bulk from http://www.supermediastore.comI had problems using HP DVD's so I did some research and was told Taiyo Yuden was one of the best and the information was good. I have not had any problems with people viewing the DVD slide show on their TV. Another thing is: NEVER,EVER put a label on the disc. I just write the title and information on the disc with "Staedtler CD/DVD marking pens. also, never use a "SHARPIE" unless you buy the special one made for CD/DVD media because a regular Sharpie has something in the ink that will destroy a disc in time. I did have a person that tried to make copys of my slide show to give to their friends and trying to copy messed up the DVD slide show. I sold them 15 copys. Tell people that they can not copy the DVD slide show without damaging their original disc. Remember to use only MINUS RDVD Media. The Taiyo Yuden DVD disc's I use do not have any writing on them at all. My DVD writer will only write at 4X so I buy 4X media. They do make printable discs that you can print on your printer if your printer has that ability.(Epson 1800 does) My 1280 does not so I just get the plain ones. Go to that link and they sell everything you could ever want as far as media and related things go. Verbatim makes a product called DataLifePlus that is also excellent. Just be sure you order- R media

Ronnie,
Old Feb 17, 2006, 2:39 PM   #8

I think you nailed it Ronnie, because I am using (+) media not (-). I don't put labels on my DVD but I do write on them with a sharpie. I will get a media safe marker. I have been looking for a way to make some extra money without taking away time from the family and this program might be the ticket. I may have to bite the bullet and move up to Pro Show Producer. Have you ever uploaded any of your shows to the Photodex web site? If so what is your user name and I'll take a look. Thanks again for all your help. Rich
Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:37 PM   #9

No, I have never used the Photodex web-site at all. I always figured if the customer could go to the web-site and look for free they won't buy the DVD at all. I have a web page I use for pricing things to people and I put Church pictures on it. It is at: http://www.ronalduzzo.zoomshare.com I'm happy you discoverd the problem was using the plus media. It took Me a while to track that problem down. I called "Panasonic" and they gave Me that information.I don't know why they even make Plus DVD media. I'm guessing it is used for Data or something that does not have to be read on other machines. It sure don't work on home TV DVD players.

Ronnie
Old Mar 1, 2006, 9:36 AM   #10

I am so glad I found this topic, I have been having issues with my DVDs totally freezing up when I watch them on a dvd player as well as on the dvd player on the computer. I am using Maxell DVD+R 8x/4.7gb/2hr DVD discs. My question is do you think this is happening only because of the type of discs I am using? And how do you know if a disc is a (+) or a (-)? Also, can you buy those discs you mentioned above in stores, such as Target, Walmart ect? Or should I go to say Best Buy and get them there if I don't want to order them online? Also when you are in pro show gold and go to burn the disc what are the options you are chosing? I am so new to this, but want to learn all I Can about it. Please help me! Oh another thing, are there any good help sies out there for this program?
Last question I promise How much are you charging for these kinds of thing? I am clueless in that area.
Thank you so much for your help!

Stacie
Stacieml is offline   Reply With Quote