Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:58 PM   #1
Yno

I have Photoshop Elements 3, and just loaded the DiMAGE Master Lite that came with my KM Maxxum 5D. When I look at the EXIF data in Elements, no shutter speed is shown, but it is in DiMage. Anyone know a reason for this?

Does anyone use the DiMAGEsoftware as a primary editor? I think that I would be better off using PSE3 and a freeware EXIF reader, but I would sure like to have all the data reported in one program.

Yno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2006, 6:17 AM   #2

Look in File > File Info > Advanced > EXIF Properties.

It should show up there under Exposure Time, not sure why it doesn't show in Camera Data 1.

For a good EXIF reader, and free, I use Opanda IExif 2.

A very good EXIF viewer that can be integrated into the right click context menu. Just right click on any image on your hard drive or in any browser window and choose to view the EXIF. Presuming the EXIF is in the file.

There is also a paid for version that allows you to edit the EXIF.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 9:27 AM   #3
Yno

I don't appear to have an "advanced" choice. Is that only in the full blown Photoshop, perhaps?
Old Mar 3, 2006, 1:16 PM   #4

Sorry, yes it is in CS2, but also Elements 4 which I also have installed.

I've just installed my old copy of Elements 3 and sure enough, there is no advanced section available. Sorry for misleading you.

The link I gave is to a very good EXIF reader and I highly recommend you try it out.

It isn't a trial, it's free, but only lets you read and not edit the EXIF.

In the meantime, for your own images, or at least for images on your hard drive, you can view theEXIF in Windows.

Right click an image and select Properties. From there, click on Summary and then Advanced. I know you will have the advanced option this time .

It's not quite as comprehensive as other viewers, but tells you what you need to know.

Old Mar 3, 2006, 9:03 PM   #5
Yno

Well that was something worth learning! It is amazing what things are hidden out there. Thanks very much!
Old Mar 4, 2006, 4:02 AM   #6

I use ACDSee8 to view pics and exif info, love it.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 9:18 AM   #7

Update Yno :

It's been a while since I used Elements and had forgotten where everything is !

All the info you want can be found in the file browser.

Go to Window > File Browser, or File > Browse Folders, or press Shift + Ctrl + O (letter O), then locate any image and click once to highlight it. Now look at the bottom left of the preview pane under Metadata. Scroll down to the Camera Data(EXIF) and all will be revealed !

Click on the 'More' button, then Metadata Display options,to choose what is shown in this dialogue. Alot of it will be either unnecessary or totally meaningless, and it will save all the scrolling.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:20 AM   #8
Yno

Wow! There is a lot of stuff there. I will spend some time looking at it, and unclicking some of the information I won't use (like GPS info). Thanks for checking this out for me.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 1:11 PM   #9

You're welcome Yno.

If at all possible, it is much easier to be able to get all the info and do all the suff you want with the same software, so I understood your dilemma.

Glad to have been of help 8).