Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:40 AM   #1
Yno

I have the trial version of E4 installed (the real copy should be here Monday!) and every once in a while, on starting the program, a small window pops up. It says "Please wait..." and has one of those progress bars with a percentage number, but doesn't say what it is doing. Sometimes it is pretty quick, and sometimes it is slower than cold molasses. I know Adobe programs are known for slow opening, but this is a bit much. Anybody know what the heck this thing is doing? It shows up in the Organizer module, which is what opens first, and in the Edit module. I am hoping that I will not see it in the full version.
Yno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2006, 3:59 PM   #2

I have Elements 3, and have disabled the organizer, so I don't have the problem, but I know what you are talking about. It is scanning your system fo find photos, and updating the organizer. It seems that every once in a while, redoes everything from scratch, and takes forever.

I think the Adobe site has some discussion about this and ways to correct it.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:16 PM   #3

VTphotog wrote:
Quote:
I have Elements 3, and have disabled the organizer, so I don't have the problem, but I know what you are talking about. It is scanning your system fo find photos, and updating the organizer. It seems that every once in a while, redoes everything from scratch, and takes forever.

I think the Adobe site has some discussion about this and ways to correct it.

brian
Brian,

How did you disable the organizer? I'd like to do the same.

Thanks

Jerry

P.S. PLEASE DISREGARD THIS MESSAGE. I just found out that if I want to print Picture Packages, I'll need the Organizer.

Thanks.

JerryF is offline   Reply With Quote