Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Apr 23, 2006, 8:48 PM   #1

I shoot RAW+JPG on my Canon 20D. At times though, I need to adjust white balance and exposure, and I do this on the RAW files. I'm trying out Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Capture One Pro to convert RAW to JPG. I've only used both to adjust white balance and exposure ( I have not tried adjusting any other levels). When I do this with either programs, I end up with photos that are dull looking in terms of colors compared to the JPG photo straight from the 20D. Am I missing a step or two from either programs that I need to adjust to come close to the colors of the 20D JPG files?

AlpineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:04 PM   #2

When shooting jpg with the camera, the camera automatically adjusts things like white balance, color saturation and other settings depending on what your camera is set at.

Take a look at the processing parameter oyou have selected. Note the settings and apply them to the RAW image in your conversion program and it should get pretty close to the jpg you are shooting.

Dave
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote