Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Apr 28, 2006, 10:38 AM   #1

:?Presently I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0. Being in the market for a new photo program have downloaded trial versions of Photoshop Elements 4.0, Illustrator CS2 and Corel Paint Shop Pro X. Some are loaded with goodies that I will never use and they all appear to offer similar features. The jury is still out on this subject. Now I see advertised as a package deal Photoshop Elements 4.0 / Premiere Elements 2.0. :-?Why would one need both of these programs?
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2006, 11:18 AM   #2

Premier is for video. Photoshop for stills.

I think to answer your question you might explain what Elements 2 isn't doing that you want to do.

CS2 is the most competent image editor available IMO, but it has a steep learning curve and is pricey if you aren't going to use the advanced capabilities. My guess is that you will be happiest with Photoshop Elements 4 unless you really intend getting into advanced image editing.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 2:13 PM   #3

:-)Thanks slipe for the feedback. You answered my question that the clerk at Staples didn't know. He was trying to give me some jazz that purchasing Photoshop Elements 4.0 together with Premiere Elements 2.0 was a special deal inorder to get two different programs at a good price. Didn't make any sense at all. Next time I will wear my glasses and read the label myself. Sorry to have bother you with my question for I could have gone to Adobe's site for the info. Will be going with PSE 4.0. Like the way it handles the rendering of facial tones. Have no need for any video editing.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote