Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Apr 27, 2003, 4:41 AM   #1

Default how good is Adobe Photodeluxe

Hi All

MY epson photo stylus 880 came with Adobe Photodeluxe Business Edition.

How good is this for use with digital Camera pics and how does it rate/compare to others ?

Thanks

Stef
stefank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2003, 5:44 AM   #2

I tried it once and uninstalled it. The program treats you like an idiot, although it's got big friendly coloured buttons :-)
For example, to save a JPEG you had to use something like the 'Prepare image for the internet' wizard (can't remember the exact name).
gcogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2003, 7:17 AM   #3
lg

I only use it for removing the greenish tint of fluorescent lighting and also for difficult color corrections. It's very easy to do these two functions. Otherwise, I use CompuPic, which is much quicker. I believe PhotoDeluxe was intended for users who don't know much about using software.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2003, 11:00 AM   #4

stefank
I used Adobe Photodeluxe Business Edition ver 1.1 (came with my scanner or my Epson printer I donít remember) , I really like it and still use it very often, even I had Photoshop 7 now.
Itís true that it needs a while to get use to the logical way of command organization (as MS Word versus Worperfect in the time) , totally different from Photoshop for example , but indeed offer advanced feature as well ( layers with opacity , special effects , etc Ö)

gcogger,
In my version (Adobe Photodeluxe Business Edition ver 1.1 ) to save a jpeg , just do save as , compression rate selectable, all the popular formats are there.

I had also tested the Adobe Photodeluxe, Home edition , ver 2 , but deinstalled it right after , it was very limited comparing to the Business Edition ver 1.1 .

For a free version, itís great (at least , I speak for the 1.1)
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote