Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old May 4, 2003, 6:19 PM   #1

Default bPhotoshop 7 & "Liquify": Please check yours.

Hi,

I'm running WinME on a P4 computer.

I have been using Photoshop 7.0.1. I tried to use the Liquify filter and found that no matter what settings I used, when I would click on a spot, the area under the brush would be replaced with a brush-sized selection from another part of the image.

I tried reinstalling Photoshop 7.0, followed by the 7.0.1 upgrade, but no change. I downloaded the latest nVidia driver for my GeForce 3 card, as had been suggested on the Adobe forums, but no change. I also deleted the Preferences file, which sometimes gets corrupted and makes PS act strange. Didn't help this time.

I do'nt remember having this problem when I first installed PS 7 or the upgrade, many months ago.
WalterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2003, 7:19 PM   #2
NHL

Don't know (7.0 & Me as well)... Mine works great, nothing should happen when clicked until the brush is dragged :? :? :?

How big is the picture? Did you try smaller ones?
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2003, 7:52 PM   #3

Yep...Same thing happens whether the image is 100K or 36 mb.
Old May 4, 2003, 8:00 PM   #4
NHL

The picture is flatten (or the layers merged) right? It sounds like a memory aliasing... ie related to the PC hardware (may be try to re-seat thoses memories simms) and not Photoshop.

Is there another computer or laptop that you can try?
Old May 4, 2003, 8:02 PM   #5

I'm afraid not. I had no problem with Liquify in earlier versions, but on the same machine.
Old May 5, 2003, 7:04 AM   #6

Another thing I've read that may fix it is to delete your *pref* file. There is a way to do it when you start PS, like hold the ctrl and shift key or something. If the pref file isn't there on start up it will re build it. It sort of like turning the computer off and back on....cures 80% of what ails it.
E.B.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2003, 8:04 PM   #7

Been there, done that
Old May 5, 2003, 8:20 PM   #8
NHL

Can't be Photoshop, the same software (and 0.1) has been shipped to thousands of people, and should flag an SPR @ Adobe by now... and I have the same config (7.0 and Me) as well.

It's either your computer or some default that does'nt get cleared. Trying to install on another computer (ie a 'friend') can at least narrow it down... Short of re-formatting the drive, and may be you have done this already, try to delete the Adobe directory (or anything relating to Adobe) before re-installing. I had a corrupted 'Action' file before and re-installing Photoshop did not help (or plugs-in files also)...