Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jun 14, 2006, 4:01 PM   #1

Hello all,

I'm thinking of purchasing CS2 but I'm very much in love with PSE4's Photo Browser... and I've heard that the Adobe Bridge isn't as great...

I'm wondering if anybody owns BOTH programs and if there's a way to use the PSE Browser, but somehow use PS CS2 to actually EDIT and such?

Any advice please? Thanks in advance!
TedM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 26, 2006, 12:06 AM   #2

If I recall, you could always browse with PSE and when you want to edit a file, right click on it and select Edit In Photoshop.

I am going from bad memory here so I could be off a bit.

Dave
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 12:28 AM   #3

Hi Dave,

Thanks very much for answering.

You're correct. Since I posted the question, I have installed Photoshop and yes, I can right-click a photo in the organizer and there is that option.

I'm hoping to learn to love Adobe Bridge and find it useful... I just already miss the fact that we can't "tag" photos in the Bridge.

Again, I appreciate your response!
Old Jun 26, 2006, 6:52 AM   #4

Bridge took a lot of getting used to after using such easy programs like Picasa for organizing, but after a while now, it is all we use. I think the main reason we use Bridge exclusively is because we shoot RAW and Bridge works nicely for that.

I think after a while you will probably hang up PSE in favor of Bridge but i know what you mean when it comes to the browsing in PSE.

If you are looking for a very simple viewer, I really liked Picasa, Breeze Browser and, well there are just way too many to list.

Good luck,

Dave
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 8:33 AM   #5

Yes, I definitely like Picasa as well... I'll have to take a second look at that program and see if that fills my needs.

Who knows... maybe with CS3, they'll consider adding a "tagging" feature for Bridge!