Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jul 30, 2006, 4:25 PM   #1

Hey all, here is what I'd like to do with my pictures.

I want to take a batch of files (usually 3-10) and then have them resized to 30% of normal size, and then have a copyright inserted inot the bottom right corner. Then I would like to file saved as the original file name with "(small)" added.

Is this possible? If not, what is my quickest alternative. (I'm looking for least number of clicks)

Thanks,
keilan
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2006, 6:24 AM   #2

First, place all the photos you wish to batch process into one folder.

In the PSE4 Editor, click on File, then Process multiple files.
In the first box, select which files to process.
If you have no images open in PSE, you will only have the option of Folder (which is what we want selected).

Next box, Source, click on browse and locate the folder with the images you wish to process.

For Destination, click Browse, click on Desktop and then click on Make new folder.
Name it and click ok.

Place a check mark in the box for Rename Files.
Leave the first part as Document Name and in the second part, if anything is showing just highlight it and type small.

This is compatible with Windows, so if you use a Mac, check the box, likewise if you use Unix.

In the Image size dialog, choose the output from the drop down. In your case Percent.
Check Constrain Proportions and enter a value in the width box (30).
No need to enter in the height box, it is calculated automatically when Constrain Proportions is checked.

Choose the file type from the drop down : Convert files to...

Now, top right, check any of the auto fixes you want to apply, then click on Labels to reveal the option for a Watermark.
Type into the custom Text box what you want as your watermark, select the position, select the font to use and then the font size.
The font size will depend on the size of the finished file, so experiment with just a couple of images in the folder first until you find a satisfactory font size.

Leave the opacity at 50% and choose a colour for the displayed text.

Click ok and when done, inspect the files in the new folder.

If necessary, do it again and adjust the font size, opacity and colour to suit, after deleting the files in the new folder first.

You could, if you would prefer, open the images in PSE and from the first box for Process files from, select Opened Files, then continue as before.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:56 AM   #3

Many thanks Stevekin. Well, sort of, your post also means I can no longer convince myself I don't need an editor, so I have to spend money:blah:

But thank you very much none the less.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:37 PM   #4

Oh, I assumed you already had PSE4 :roll:

I should just have said yes
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:18 PM   #5

I have the trial version, I was debating getting it for real now, and I guess I will, haha.