Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Sep 2, 2006, 6:01 PM   #1

I want to learn photoshop, but I prefer looking at videos instead of reading. So does any one know of any good video tutorials beginners to pros for Photoshop CS.

I just saw this on the people section and absolutely loved the pcitures here is the link. I would love to do something like this using photoshop. Can someone please suggest how a beginner can learn the wonders of photoshop

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=5

Cheers
sid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2006, 4:52 AM   #2

Russell Brown has some great videos. Go to
http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=131 for some free ones. Also go to Itunes store, click on podcasts and get some free photoshop tutorials there also. Yes FREE. photoshop TV is great. Programs come out about once a fortnight. You can download stuff from about 12 months ago.
The absolutely best video I have is by Scott Kelby called Photoshop Cs down and dirty tricks. You may get this on the web somewhere. He is also often on the Photoshop TV podcasts. Hope this helps.:-)
joffablues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 12:53 PM   #3

Hey Joffalues, Thanks for those links. I just have one more question. Is the Scott Kelby's Photoshop Cs down and dirty tricks DVD usefull to some one who is starting in Photoshop CS or is it for advanced users. I saw the dvd on academicsuperstore for like $24. If you think it will be helpful for a beginner I will buy it.

Cheers
sid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 1:35 PM   #4

Hi Sid369,

I joined the "NAPP" (national association of photoshop professionals) at $99.00 per year. They offer many very good discounts on DVD vidios and books on how to use photoshop. They also offer free tutorials to members along with the Photoshop Magizine. It is the best value I ever recieved for my hard erned money.

Go to : WWW.PHOTOSHOPUSER.COM and check it out.

Ronnie
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:02 PM   #5

Just do a google search, plenty of tutorials free on there.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 2:47 AM   #6

The good thing about Scott Kelby is that his tutorials are so easy to understand. Down and dirty has about 5 different tutorials in it. You can relate what he shows to different photo situations from the ones he shows as well though.
I start the tute and follow along in photoshop ,ausing the tute frequently and copying what he has just done, etc etc. For example he shows in one part how tomake a reflection (upside down) of a shampoo bottle - not very interesting. I used it on a shot of 2 friends sitting at a table and it then looked like they were sitting at a frosted glass table with their reflection in the table. Looks GREAT! See what I mean. Dont forget Russell Brown either. He is so crazy but he makes it so much fun to learn. Enjoy.
joffablues is offline   Reply With Quote