Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Feb 18, 2007, 2:24 PM   #1

Hey I have a pentax istdl and the stock flash pretty much sucks, so im looking at an external flash and im a bit low on cash, heres the one im thinking about buying, http://cgi.ebay.ca/Thyristor-Twin-Fl...QQcmdZViewItem
if you could give me some feedback on if i should go through with it or not would be great
YoungePic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2008, 7:48 PM   #2

So, since it's been over a year since you postedI'm assuming you've already made your decision...

Whatever the case, I'm responding to help anyone else out who may be looking at buying this flash. I recently bought it and just received it in the mail today and it's HORRIBLE.

The ebay seller claims it is an "olympus brand", but I assure you it was not. The brand is "yinyan", which I'm assuming is some cheap china knockoff because the quality is very poor. From the pictures the seller gives, the brandname is unreadable, which would explain how I got ripped off.

It's a flash that does the job for $60, but to anyone I would recommend spending the extra money and getting a quality piece of equipment.
proclaimthename is offline   Reply With Quote