Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Apr 27, 2007, 5:38 PM   #1

I'm trying to decide which external flash to purchase to use on my D70s. From what I've read so far the Sigma EF500 Super is looking like a great choice. After reading the external flash section in the D70s manual I'm lead tobelieve that my camera can only function as a commander with the sb800 or sb600. Is this true or would the Sigma also work?

What I would ultimately like to do is use the flash off-camera when doing location work that may or may not have electricity. Can anyone recommend inexpensive flash units that would work as slaves?

Thanks for any info.

afayec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2007, 10:42 PM   #2

Someone else can answer you more fully. Your Nikon manual will not tell you about third party. The Sigma can be master or slave as far as I know. Certainly going to their web site and checking their feature matrix verus Cameras would be a good idea

I believe if I have not gone off the deep end. Most Cameras can only trigger optically and thus while you may be good to go you may still need to concern yourself with wired or wireless triggering for flexabilty and range.

anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote