Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Feb 12, 2009, 1:31 PM   #1

I'm interested in finding a flash unit for my Nikon D90. I came across a link from Steve's and other sites to Accessorycircut.com that has the model I like, a model discontinued, according to several on-line merchants, but not discontinued according to Nikon USA. I talked to Nikon USA yesterday. Based on what I've read on the internet over the last few weeks, I'm fairly sure Nikon is feeding me a line.

I'm reasonably sure that this place is a scam, since they're located in New York and the price for this flash is low, ($274) considering how much in demand this unit is (Nikon SB800).

I'm generally aware of the NY merchants that are reputable... B&H, Adorama, Calumet etc. and none of them have this flash.

I guess I can dream, right?

FalvinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2009, 1:48 PM   #2

The SB-800 was discontinued in October 2008 but is still available new at all kinds of retailers. It was replaced by the SB-900. I'm hoping that the price drops on the 800 right before it becomes unavailable... I'm looking at getting one myself.

As for your amazing "deals", perhaps there was a gray market link in there somewhere... I've seen a lot of online retailers with bases in the far east selling Nikon gear extremely cheaply. Very doubtful that they're authentic North American models.