Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Nov 3, 2003, 9:50 AM   #11

You get what you pay for. The Metz I mentioned above (34-CS2 Digital) has a guide number of 112 feet or 34 meters...but the Metz is ~$130 (but well worth it, at least to me). As I wrote above it is preflash compatible (it has a switch whether to fire on the first or second flash). The best way to test a slave to see if it works with your camera is to put it down and see if it fires:

A night shot with the Metz:
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2003, 10:35 PM   #12

Originally Posted by thegreatfixer
hi there what about this one http://store.yahoo.com/efunctional/018st.html

i dont think my camera preflashes i have taken over 3000 pictures with it and i have never seen it preflash (it does not have white balance control Kodak dx 3600)

thank you
If you have the Kodak DX3600 -- it pre-flashes. I used to own one, and it does pre-flash. The best way to see it is to take a picture with your hand about an inch from the flash and watch your hand -- the pre-flash is literally a fraction of a second before the final flash. I'm not telling you this to start a heated debate or anything; I just want to make sure you end up with the right type of slave flash/trigger or you will be disappointed when it doesn't work.
EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote