Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Nov 1, 2003, 8:10 AM   #1
Default Sigma EF-500 DG super will hurt cicutry in Minolta 7i?

I just started reading the manual for the Sigma EF-500 DG super that I just bought for my Dimage 7i, and the first thing it says under Caution! is " Do not use this flash unit on any other than the Minolta AF SLR cameras; otherwise the flash may damage the circutry of these cameras"????? Maybe I'm wrong but isn't this the flash people here say will work on the 7i? Do they consider the 7i a AAF SLR? :roll:
Upalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2003, 9:03 AM   #2

IMO they meant others camera brand... which the hotshoe contacts might match (rather unlikely) but are of opposite polarities. Remember this unit is designed for Canon and Nikon as well and the lawyers always have to include some legalism in the manual. I believe this is more applicable to the Nikon and Canon versions which have the same hotshoe form factor... than to the Minolta
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2003, 9:15 AM   #3

her is an sort of an analogy. i used a 5600D flash from minolta on my 7Hi and will use it on my A1(just ordered). this is also designed for the Maxxum line of cameras. now if both were designed for the maxxum line has the identical connection and the 5600D is of course the recommended strobe for. also note if you go to the sigma and to that particular strobe thre it is the 7 7i and the only reason the 7Hi and A1 are not there is they haven't updated the site for their releases. essentially these cameras are evolutionary steps. the ADI flash system is there "thing".

sjms is offline   Reply With Quote