Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Nov 13, 2002, 12:29 PM   #1
Default Nikon CP4500, E63 & External Flash

This is my first post so forgive me if it has already been covered.

I need some help please, I have a Nikon Coolpix 4500 with the E63 wide angle lenses 28mm. I have just brought the Nikon flash bracket and adapter (SK-E900 Flash Bracket & AS-E900 Multiflash Adapter ). I have been using a basic flash (Sunpak PZ4000AF) which is not producing very good results, all it does is just flash at full power every time so all my photos are too bright.

I am using the camera mainly to photograph properties and would like to be able to take a photo that shows the interior and the view out of the window all in focus and correctly lit. I was told that the wide angle lenses blocks the photocell on the internal pop-up flash and therefore I need a flash that has a built-in auto focus or photocell so it can determine how much light the room needs, is this right?

As you can tell I don't know much about cameras.

I have looked at the Nikon Speedlights but don't know which one would be best suited to my Coolpix 4500. Please can you advise.

Thanks in advance.
VR360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2002, 11:45 AM   #2

No Nikonflash will - at this time - be able to use it's flash zoom head (I think this is what you mean when you wrote "build in autofocus"!!!) with your digicam. However buying a Nikon flash will get you really great lit photos. I've use an SB-24 (old) flash with my CP5700, 990,5000 - all worked fine. Remember your digicam has a TTL (through the lens) system.

So my advice is to buy a Nikon flash - the SB-28D or SB-50. This should do it.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote