Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Jan 22, 2005, 9:59 AM   #1

I sent a question in to Minolta, and I have not heard back from them yet. Can anyone help a newbie like me? Below are the questions I have for using the 2500 Flash with my DiMAGE Z3 camera.

I purchased a Minolta DiMAGE Z3 camera in November 2004. I was unhappy with the built in flash range of the camera, so I purchased a Minolta Maxxum Program Flash 2500D. I need some help with using the flash. The instruction manual does not have instructions for the Z3 model. I am a beginner when it comes to photography. I need to know the following things: 1. One of the buttons on the back of the flash is labeled ADI and TTL. I am assuming TTL means through the lens. What is the ADI button for? Which setting do I use for the Z3 -- ADI, TTL or both?? 2. For what settings on the camera can I use the flash with -- Automatic, Portrait, Sports Action, Landscape, Sunset, Night time, Manual, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Program?? 3. Which flash modes can I use with 2500D -- Auto, Auto Red Eye, Fill Flash, Slow Sync.?? I would appreciate any help and advice you can give me since this is all so new to me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Linda Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:18 PM   #2

If you look on pg 43 of your manual it tells you to use the TTL mode of external flashes like the 2500D. The external flash can be used in any exposure mode and in any flash mode. Use red-eye reduction when taking "people" pictures. Otherwise the normal Auto mode should be used unless in Night Portrait mode in which case it will select Slow-sync.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote