Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Feb 24, 2005, 7:05 PM   #1

Hi. I've been researching these forums and have found general suggestions but not really specific model numbers of flash units that will work with my camera - a Fuji S5100.

I'm thinking in the US$100-200 range and would like a rugged, good quality flash that rotates up and uses 4AA batteries. I would prefer that it have a sensitive built-in sensor but could buy an add-on slave sensor in order to get a good quality flash.

I already own a Digi-Slave Deluxe 2000 that I used for an older Olympus 460Z but it doesn't work with my Fuji (different camera flash?).

There are a multitude of flashes out there and page flipping through Amazon.com shows flashes for "Canon, Nikon, Minolta & Pentax Cameras" but not Fuji. I'm confused as to which quality flash units will work with my S5100. I plan to get a U-shaped bracket that will allow the flash to be directly above the camera.

Also, which slave sensor is the best that would always fire even in bright light?

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

Števie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2005, 3:43 AM   #2

Hi Steve,

you could look at this one: http://www.metz.de/photo_electronics...gital.225.html. It does not rotate up (nor sideways for that matter) but it is very easy to use and learns from your own camera when to flash and when to ignore preflashes. Works on 2 AAA batteries and my experience with it is that these (in a 2x800 mAh NiMH AAA setting) will get you >100 flashes.
Build-in sensor has good sensitivity.

Maarten is offline   Reply With Quote