Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Mar 21, 2005, 8:31 PM   #1

This looks interesting, but I can't find any more info than is posted here.

Anyone have one of these or can suggest something better? I E-Mailed Canon customer support asking for the manual in pdf and they said it's not available.

JamesRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2005, 4:55 AM   #2

I'm using a Metz MECABLITZ 28 CS-2 digital. Its working perfect. Its Guide numberat ISO 100 / 21┬░ and it has additional screens for wide angle and tele usage. Also this type works with read eye compansation.
Jan W.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 11:56 PM   #3

┬*I've purchased one via Amazon and have the instruction manual in hand. It is essentially a lithium battery-operated slave flash specifically designed for Canon Powershot digital cameras."The High-Power Flash is intended for use as an attachable supplementary flash on Canon Powershot series (excluding the G series and Pro series) and DIGITAL IXUS series digital cameras. Photographic subjects that are too distant for the built-in flash to illuminate can be captured in sharper detail using the High-Power Flash. The Camera can be still attached to a tripod with the High-Power Flash installed."┬*

Here's whats in the tiny box: High-Power Flash (main unit),┬* Bracket, Attachment Screws (2), Lithium Battery (CR123A) and Soft Case."The number of flashes possible with a new battery is 250 or more (with the intensity switch set to MAX). The number will vary according to usage conditions." The plastic main unit has two switches and a pilot button in back. One switch is used to select the flash intensity from MIN to MID to MAX. The other switch is used to select the power/mode from MANUAL to OFF to AUTO. "With the power/mode switch set to AUTO, you can have it compensate for the flashes of cameras other than your own. To have it compensate for your camera's built-in flash only, set the power/mode to MANUAL, press and hold the pilot lamp, then press the shutter button."┬*

"The┬*flash may fire if another flash is being used in close proximity."┬*

"The flash may not fire when there are no reflective items in its metering field."┬*

"The flash may not fire the built-in flash does note emit a pre-flash."┬*

Here are the specifications: "Guide Number: 18, Flash Interval: 7.5 seconds or less (with a new battery), Angle of Coverage: Covers a 28 mm┬*(35mm film equivalent) angle of field, Battery: CR123A or DL123 lithium battery, Operating Temperature: 32-104F or 0-40C, Dimensions (main unit): 1.81 x 2.60 x 1.17 inches or 46 x 66 x 29.7 mm, Weight: 2.3 oz or 65 g. Dimensions (bracket): 4.13 x .87 x .67 inches or 105 x 22 x 17 mm (largest section), Weight (bracket): Approx. 1.1 oz or 31 g."

I haven't had a chance to use it yet. It attaches to my Canon Powershot A70 and A310 cameras perfectly.

plokent is offline   Reply With Quote