Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Jul 6, 2005, 6:35 AM   #1

I own a Konica Minolta Dimage Z5 camera and I'm interested in buying an external flash. As not all flashes designed for Minolta works with the Z-series, I'm not sure if the Metz 40 AF - 4M flash will work together with this camera. Has anyone tried this ?

I also noticed on the website offMetz that this flash is nowreplaced with the 44 AF - 4M. Has anyone experience with this flash in combination with the Z5-camera ?

Are there other external flashes (no slave flashes) known to be compatible with the Z5 ?

Bertin Peeters
BPeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2005, 10:19 AM   #2

The Sigma EF-500 series flash is supposed to be compatible with the Dimage Z-series. I have talked with Sigma tech support and although it has only been tested with the Z1/Z2, I don't see why it shouldn't work with the Z3/Z5. I'm porbably gonna purchase one myself.

Sigma offers this flash for 5 different mounts in two models. Make sure you get the one for the Minolta mount. Also, the models are the ST and the Super. The flashes are basically the same, but the Super model allows a little more manual customization. The flash is also rated up to 165'.

The Merg

Today's problems don't worry me,
I haven't solved yesterday's yet.
The Merg is offline   Reply With Quote