Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Oct 11, 2005, 7:05 AM   #1

Can anyone tell me if the HVL-FSL1A for a sony DCP-P120 is worth the money as it seems a tab expensive for what it is. I ask as i took some photos inside at night but the inside lights was'nt very bright even with the flash the pictures was clear but just not very bright, the rooms where pretty big though so i was wonder with the external flash add-on would this solve the problem ?
Jedi Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:25 AM   #2

A slaveflash like this is going to help if you're shooting at further ranges to your subject.

But, the brightness of the background probably won't change much if you're shooting a closer subject (because the camera will need to throttle down the flash to keep from overexposing the closer subject).

You could have problems with overexposure using a slave flash at closer ranges, too (the camera isn't going to control the output of the slave like it would it's own built in flash, unless Sony figured out a way to "talk" to it via light pulses before it fires).

I don't know how well it will work at closer ranges. But,it'slikely to be optimized more for their models compared to a generic slave, since the flash was designed specifically for use on some of the Sony models.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote