Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Oct 17, 2005, 9:15 PM   #1

Hello... new to the forum. I originally posted this in the Pentax forum, but I think it should probably go here.

I am considering purchasing one of the Pentax D-SLR's, (not sure whether to go the DS/DL/DS2 route yet), and I was just wondering if I can use my Metz 45 CL-4 flash with the SCA 374/2AF adapter with it?

It worked wonderfully with my old SF1N, and I'd hate to have to purchase another expensive flash if I get one of the new *ist cameras.

Also, does anybody have a good answer as to what the differences are between a flash designed for a digital camera, versus one that is designed for an analogue camera? Apparently, the Metz site does not recommend the 45 CL-4 for any of the newer digital cameras, and I'd like to know why.

Thanks in advance for any help.
pymlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2005, 9:48 PM   #2

This compatibility chart seems not up to date:

But if you look at the Metz.de website, you will find the 3702M module compatible with digital (I just check *ist) and backward compatible with your analog camera:

Attached Images
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 9:53 PM   #3

Thank you for your help and speedy response. I just hope that this adapter is the same across the line, as I am still trying to decide which Pentax to get.

Right now, the DS2 is looking fairly promising.

Thanks again.

pymlang is offline   Reply With Quote