Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Flash (External)

Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:05 PM   #1

Hi, I am looking for a non-dedicated standard hot shoe flash that would meet the following 3 conditions:
- aperture can be set
- external flash synchro can be used
- ISO can be set
I am told that this is the way to use an external flash with the new Fuji Finepix S9000.
I had my eye out on a Metz 54-MZ 4C, but from the specs shown by retailers I cannot figure out if it's the right one.
Does anybody know this one, or can advise something else?
Moorora is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2005, 2:09 PM   #2

What camera are you going to be using it on? I see you mentioning a Fuji Finepix S9000. But, you asked this question in the Epson Forum (which is for Epson cameras).

Actually, I took a look at the post, because I used to have an Epson 3000z. I used an old Vivitar 273 with it. But, I'm probably lucky I didn't burn up the camera's electronics (since the trigger voltage is pretty high on those older flashes, and most modern cameras don't like high voltages). :-) I didn't know any better at the time

The Metz you're looking at is a very nice flash. Metz sells it with a foot for astandard hot shoe (which is what it sounds like you're looking for), as well as with a foot that's dedicated for specific models (for example, the SCA 3302M5 is the correctfoot for newer Minolta models).

Here is the Metz 54MZ4 with the standard foot:

Metz 54MZ4 at B&H Photo and Video

The camera is probably going to be a bit "top heavy" with this flash on it, though.

Are you trying to find this out for a Fuji S9000?Since it doesn't sound like it's for an Epson camera, I'll move this thread to our Flash (External) Forum for now.

If you like, I'll be glad to move it to the Fujifilm Forum, where you may find some Fuji owners that can give you some recommendations. Just let me know.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote