Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Jul 28, 2003, 10:06 AM   #1
Default I need with my S2 please!

1) When pushing the shutter release button to auto focus, the Red Eye reduction light flashes and I don’t even have the flash lid up.

2) I have two compact flash cards. One is a 1GB Microdrive and the other is a Lexar Professional 1GB16x.

3) When I put the Lexar into the camera slot, the LCD screen flashes with “! CARD NOT INITIALIZED” and will not preview the pictures on the screen.

4) When I put in the Microdrive, the camera will preview most of the pictures and then I get the response saying “READ ERROR”.

5) When I put each of the compact flashes in my card reader hooked up to the computer, the card reader will not read the compact flashes. I put the cards in a second card reader and the same thing happens. Does not read.

6) The camera will not format the cards.

7) When I use the Smart Media card, the Red Eye reduction light flashes and again I do not have the flash lid open.

8) Camera will format the Smart Media card sometimes but not all the time.
MelissaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2003, 7:31 PM   #2

Well Melissa, it appears that something may have corrupted your cards. As you say that the camera will not format the cards, I would suggest formating the cards with your computer and then seeing if you can format the cards with the camera.

So first, attach the cards to your computer and then format the card as FAT16, not FAT32. The camera cannot read FAT32, or anything other than FAT16.

Once the format is complete, then place the card into the camera and format it again using the camera's builtin format function.

By the way, formating with the computer is NOT recommended as this can lead to read/write problems in the camera. That is why you must format it again with the camera.

The process of formating the card will destroy any pictures you might have on the card, so be sure to retrieve and save anything you can before beginning this process.

Hope that helps.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2003, 2:08 PM   #3

I think the answer to (1) is that it's not a red eye reduction light, but a light that helps with focussing
RedSlug is offline   Reply With Quote