Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old May 9, 2008, 10:25 AM   #1

Greetings! I've searched and found conflicting information, so I'm hoping to hear from someone that has a Fuji Finepix S2 Pro camera and some Nikon lenses with their VR (Vibration Reduction) feature.

From Fujifilm's tech support, they say the camera does not work with VR technology.

From my local camera store, they say it is (but I don't trust them because they insist this camera is a 3 Meagpixel unit...)

Various reviews say it is.

B&H's page has a warning on various VR lenses saying it is only compatable with certain models "or newer" Nikon cameras.

Plus, there are other aphabet soup (AF-S, G, ED-IF,...) which I'm not familiar with.

I confess, I'm a Canon guy (please don't throw me out of the forum!) and this is my buddy's camera that hasn't worked in years and sat on his shelf. Fixed now thanks to Fujifilm and the sensor coming unglued problem, he isn't happy with the photos coming off his Tamron AF 28-300MM F/3.5-6.3 'cheap reach' lens.

I think some good glass in front will suit his needs well (kids sport events, some indoor some outdoor), but don't want to suggest a lens he can't use the features of.

If one of you Fujifilm experts could chime in and let me know what will, won't, and kind-of work with this camera body that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

David Soussan

dasoussan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2008, 2:58 PM   #2

There seems to be very little/no real clarification on this on the Fuji USA website. I did find this one link that seems to indicate that that the camera is compatible with the VR lenses. I guess you'll have to read it for yourself and decide.

jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2008, 5:53 PM   #3

Hmm... didn't realize I'd hit the point and shoot forum by mistake. Gonna post this into the dSLR forum...
dasoussan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2008, 9:54 PM   #4

I got it for you (merging the two threads together into one in the Fujifilm dSLR Forum}

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote