Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Oct 17, 2003, 1:43 PM   #1
Default Nikon MB16 for F80 goes well on Fuji S2 Pro ?

Any one know that the Mb 16 battery konverter from 123s to 4xAA batteries for Nikon F80 goes well on Fuju S2 Pro, B/c i think they use same body .

I'm about ready to bay one MB16 b/c in my place the 123s cost a lot of money and i have allready recharged AA that i use for write/read on my S2 Pro, soo i can use same type of batteries for both camera function and write/read .
grpepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2003, 6:43 PM   #2

Yes, it fits, but it also requires some minor modification.

The base of the S2 is not identical to the N80, it is wider. So you must remove the ridge (on the MB16) along the front edge and also some on the side by the battery post. By removing this edge, the unit can wobble slightly when attached, so it is necessary to shape the battery post cover (comes with the MB16) to fit over the post and go inside the S2. This will ensure that the battery post remains centered.

I also added small springs to the top of the battery contacts on the MB16 to further ensure good contact within the S2.

Hope that helps.

amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 2:38 PM   #3

This isa late post to this but for anyone reading it there is a place inChina that has made an S2 Pro Battery Pack. Here is their eBay ID: jinfinance

LuisGonzalezLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 6:07 AM   #4

Thanks . I now allready have a MB16 but will prefer to have the one designed for S2, allso i hope that this china production is correct b/c with MB 16 that i bye from chine tha contacts for the batery was misspositioned and i do it by my self opening all Mb-16 adapter and puting them in the right position .:-)
grpepe is offline   Reply With Quote